At the bottom of the page, you’ll find a lineup broken down by telecast window with the group designations in bold to the left of the game. Instead of ordering these by tip time, however, I’ve grouped them by importance.
Reminders of the different groupings are in the table below. Since we still have quite a few neutral-site contests to come before 2019 closes, I’ve added those classifications to the table below.
NET Win Quadrants
All NET numbers are from the NCAA’s website and reflect games played through Monday, December 16, 2019. All times are Eastern.
31–75 at Top 75 (1 Game)
Group 1 for the visitor only; Group 2 for the host (1/2)
37. Oklahoma Sooners (7-2) at 56. Creighton Bluejays (8-2) (Big East/Big 12 Battle), 8:30 p.m. (FS1)
This contest is one of the four Big East/Big 12 matchups that was previously scheduled before the 10-game challenge series was unveiled during the offseason. Oklahoma took down Creighton in Norman, 83-70, almost exactly one year ago, back on December 18th. The Big 12 needs this one as a conference, as the Big East is out to a 4-2 series lead with three games still to come this weekend.
Top 50 vs. 51–100 (1 Game)
Group 2 for the team on the left; Group 1 for the team on the right only (2/1)
50. Temple Owls (7-2) vs. 86. Miami (Fla.) Hurricanes (6-3) at Brooklyn, approx. 9:30 p.m. (ESPNU)
The Basketball Hall of Fame Invitational’s nightcap seems like a bubble game. Note that Temple is 2-2 against Power 7 opponents this season and 2-1 on neutral floors. The Hurricanes, meanwhile, are just 2-3 in power contests and 1-2 in neutral matchups.
31–75 at 76–135 (1 Game)
Group 2 for both the host and the visitor
44. Purdue Boilermakers (6-4) at 108. Ohio Bobcats (7-3), 9 p.m. (ESPN2)
You have to figure that Purdue will eventually get themselves into the top 30, which would benefit Ohio in the long term even if the Bobcats beat the Boilermakers tonight. Purdue hammered Ohio 95-67 in West Lafayette back on December 20, 2018.
76–160 at Top 75 (3 Games)
Group 1 for the visitor only; Group 3 for the host (1/3)
100. North Texas Mean Green (4-6) at 10. Dayton Flyers (8-1), 7 p.m. (Spectrum News 1/ESPN+ ($))
78. San Francisco Dons (9-2) at 9. Stanford Cardinal (9-1), 9 p.m. (Pac-12 Networks National and Bay Area)
116. UC Irvine Anteaters (7-5) at 62. UTEP Miners (7-1) (Don Haskins Sun Bowl Invitational Championship), 9 p.m. (CUSA.tv ($))
Heading into tonight, North Texas and Alabama were the only two teams in the NET Top 100 with a sub-.500 record. The Mean Green are likely to drop out with a loss in Dayton tonight. Stanford, surprisingly ranked ninth, has only lost once this season, a one-point defeat at the hands of Butler in the Hall of Fame Classic final. San Francisco, meanwhile, is looking to defeat the Cardinal for the second season straight. Down in El Paso, resurgent UTEP can win its own tournament for the first time since 2014 by knocking off the defending Big West champs tonight.
101–200 vs. 51–100 (1 Game)
Group 3 for the team on the left; Group 2 for the team on the right only (3/2)
74. Florida Gators (6-3) vs. 143. Providence Friars (6-5) at Brooklyn, approx. 7 p.m. (ESPN2)
The Gators will look to conclude the Big East portion of their schedule with a 2-1 mark, while the Friars are aiming to win consecutive games for the first time since November 16th and 19th.
161–353 at Top 75
Group 1 for the visitor only; Group 4 for the host
232. UMBC Retrievers (6-6) at 38. Georgetown Hoyas (7-3), 6:30 p.m. (FS1)
305. Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (3-7) at 2. Ohio State Buckeyes (9-1), 7 p.m. (BTN)
273. Grambling State Tigers (6-5) at 53. Marquette Golden Eagles (7-2), 8 p.m. (FSN)
208. North Florida Ospreys (7-5) at 26. Florida State Seminoles (8-2), 8:30 p.m. (ACCN)
230. Seattle Redhawks (6-5) at 34. Washington Huskies (7-2), 11 p.m. (Pac-12 Networks National and Washington)
The five home teams enter tonight 14-0 in Quadrant 4 games, so don’t expect many upsets from this set.
|Tip Time||Visitor/Home Quads||Matchup||Outlet|
|Tip Time||Visitor/Home Quads||Matchup||Outlet|
|6:30 p.m.||1/4||232. UMBC at 38. Georgetown||FS1|
|7 p.m. (approx.)||3/2||74. Florida vs. 143. Providence (at Brooklyn)||ESPN2|
|7 p.m.||1/4||305. Southeast Missouri State at 2. Ohio State||BTN|
|7 p.m.||1/3||100. North Texas at 10. Dayton||Spectrum News 1/ESPN+ ($)|
|8 p.m.||1/4||273. Grambling State at 53. Marquette||FSN|
|8:30 p.m.||1/2||37. Oklahoma at 56. Creighton (Big East/Big 12 Battle)||FS1|
|8:30 p.m.||1/4||208. North Florida at 26. Florida State||ACCN|
|9 p.m.||2/2||44. Purdue at 108. Ohio||ESPN2|
|9 p.m.||1/3||78. San Francisco at 9. Stanford||Pac-12 Networks (National and Bay Area)|
|9 p.m.||1/3||116. UC Irvine at 62. UTEP (Sun Bowl Invitational)||CUSA.tv ($)|
|9:30 p.m. (approx.)||2/1||50. Temple vs. 86. Miami (Fla.) (at Brooklyn)||ESPNU|
|11 p.m.||1/4||230. Seattle at 34. Washington||Pac-12 Networks (National and Washington)|
Enjoy this post? Follow Blogging the Bracket on Twitter and Like the site on Facebook.