Well, the holidays are over, which means its time to return to regulation five-day weeks and for conference play to kick into gear. With the Orange Bowl on ESPN, tonight's schedule is rather quiet, but there are four games of note.
St. John's pulled off the biggest upset in the opening days of the Big East slate by knocking off West Virginia in Morgantown. However, to move to 3-0 in the conference (after getting past Providence Saturday), the Red Storm will need to knock off Georgetown at the Garden (ESPN2, 7 p.m. ET)
To make a first ever NCAA Tournament, Northwestern will need to rebound from Big Ten losses, like Friday's at Purdue. The Wildcats host a Michigan State squad who opened with a convincing home win over Minnesota (Big Ten Network, 7;30 p.m. ET).
Auburn has already lost to UNC Asheville, Samford, Campbell, Jacksonville, and Presbyterian at home. Tiger fans better be prepared for another L, as Florida State comes calling tonight (SEC on FSN/ESPN3/Full Court, 8 p.m. ET).
Florida looks to knock off an Atlantic 10 team for the second game in a row, as they host Rhode Island (ESPNU, 9 p.m. ET). The trip to Gainesville is the first of three huge contests in a row for the Rams, as they open A-10 play with a home game against Xavier and trip to Richmond.
Tonight's other nationally televised/streaming games feature several final warmups for Big 12 teams that are about to head into conference play.
- Penn at Kentucky, ESPNU (7 p.m. ET)
- Savannah State at Kansas State, FS Kansas City/ESPN3/Full Court (8 p.m. ET)
- Maryland Eastern Shore at Oklahoma, Sooner Sports/ESPN3/Full Court (8 p.m. ET)
- Texas San Antonio at Oklahoma State, OSU Sports/FS Southwest/ESPN3/Full Court (8 p.m. ET)
- Northern Illinois at Iowa State, ISU Sports/ESPN3/Full Court (8 p.m. ET)
- UT Martin at Southeast Missouri, Wazoo Sports/CSS/ESPN3/Full Court (9 p.m. ET)
- Nevada at Fresno State, WAC Sports Network /ESPN3/Full Court (10 p.m. ET)
For broadcast information for games slated to be aired regionally, like Delaware at George Mason and East Tennessee State at Mercer, visit Matt Sarz's College Sports on TV site. Another good resource is the schedule page at BB State.
Please share your thoughts about today and tonight's action in the comments, after you sign up for a free SB Nation account, of course.