The final two tournaments of the long Thanksgiving weekend concluded on Sunday night.
Action wrapped up in Orlando when Notre Dame used a 15-0 run to get past Wisconsin, 58-51, in the Old Spice Classic final. The Badgers led by 11 at one point in the second, and that was after the Irish had an 11-0 run to close the first half. Boston College claimed third with a 68-46 win over California in a game that looked like it was going to be rather entertaining early before the Golden Bears' offense went back to sleep. In the fifth place game, Texas A&M topped Temple in a thriller, 54-51. Manhattan, representing the host Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, leaves Lake Buena Vista at 0-3 after falling to Georgia, 61-58, after a nice comeback. The Bulldogs' Trey Thompkins blocked Kidani Brutus' three to tie in the dying moments.
Across the country in Anaheim, UNLV claimed the 76 Classic with a 71-59 victory over Virginia Tech. The Runnin' Rebels set a tournament record for field goal percentage over the three games (55 percent) and won their three contest by an average of nearly 12 points. Third place went to Oklahoma State, who used a big run at the start of the second half to pull away from Murray State, 66-49. Tulsa claimed fifth with an easy 80-63 victory over Cal State Northridge, while Stanford sent DePaul home winless, defeating the Blue Demons 81-74 in overtime in the seventh place game.
After the jump, I'll take a look at a night of limited action, highlighted by the opener of the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
Note: Team names that appear in red are links to that school's SB Nation blog.
- Virginia at Minnesota (Big Ten/ACC Challenge), 7 p.m. ET (ESPN2): These two teams had opposite experiences in their respective early season tournaments. The Cavaliers finished 1-2 in Maui, while the Golden Gophers rank among the surprises of the early season after sweeping through the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. Minnesota gets Devoe Joseph back from suspension tonight, but will play without Al Nolen (foot) and possibly Rodney Williams (ankle).
- St. Peter's at Seton Hall, 7 p.m. ET (Big East Network/SNY/ESPN3): This game matches up two teams who were in the Paradise Jam field, but didn't meet. The Peacocks finished 7th, capped by a win over Alabama, while the Pirates finished fourth after dropping games to Xavier and Clemson.
- Emporia State at Kansas State, 8 p.m. ET (FS Kansas City/ESPN3): The Wildcats should roll over the Division II Hornets.
Here are today's key games to follow online...
- Robert Morris at Cleveland State, 6 p.m. ET
- UNC-Wilmington at George Washington, 7 p.m. ET
- Florida International at Marshall, 7 p.m. ET
- Monmouth at Davidson, 7 p.m. ET
- Loyola (MD) at Morgan State, 7 p.m. ET
- Maine at Quinnipiac, 7 p.m. ET
- Hofstra at Rider, 7 p.m. ET
- USC at TCU (Hall of Fame Tip-Off Classic), 8 p.m. ET: Yes, this event is still going on, a week after action in Springfield wrapped up.
- Boise State at Northern Illinois, 8 p.m. ET
Please share your thoughts about today and tonight's action in the comments, after you sign up for a free SB Nation account, of course.