Sunday was a better day for ranked teams than Saturday was. The one top 25 team who lost probably shouldn't have been ranked going in.
- Michigan sent No. 15 Connecticut to their third straight loss, 68-63, in Ann Arbor.
- No. 8 Duke pulled away from a tough Wake Forest team to win, 90-70, in the only ACC game of the night.
No. 4 Villanova stayed unbeaten in the Big East by holding off
No. 11 Georgetown
, 82-77. In the other two games on Sunday, Marquette blew out Providence, 93-63; and DePaul at St. John's routed DePaul, 67-47.
, 81-78, in the lone Big Ten conference game of the day.
Vermont remains unbeaten atop the America East. The Catamounts routed
, 78-58, in Burlington.
Charlotte knocked St. Louis from the ranks of the A-10 unbeaten, 63-61.
Montana State is a game behind Weber State in the loss column in the Big Sky after grabbing a 58-53 road win at Sacramento State. Northern Arizona defeated Portland State, 93-86, to send the Vikings to .500 in the conference.
St. Peter's topped Loyola (MD), 48-43, in the only MAAC game of the day.
Buffalo now has the lead in the MAC East race. The Bulls topped Akron, 78-65. Ball State won their first conference game of the season over Toledo, 71-43. Bowling Green also won Sunday. The Falcons defeated Kent State, 76-70.
In the MVC, Drake got out to a big lead against Illinois State and didn't look back, winning 69-59, in a game where the clock just up and stopped with 7 seconds left.
American won their first Patriot League game of the season, topping Colgate, 73-63, in Washington. In other action, Lehigh won at Army, 73-55.
Hawai'i topped San Jose State, 68-67, in the only WAC game on Sunday.
For more on Sunday's action, visit SB Nation and Searching For Billy Edelin.
There are some interesting (and not-so-interesting) conference matchups on the Monday TV schedule. All times are p.m. Eastern unless noted
- UMBC at Stony Brook, 7 (America East/Full Court): The Retrievers have yet to win in the America East, while the Seawolves are now two games behind Vermont in the loss column.
- Syracuse at Notre Dame, 7 (ESPN): The Fighting Irish look to grab yet another home win against a top 10 opponent.
- Southern at Mississippi Valley State, 7 (ESPNU): The Delta Devils are looking to get over .500 in the SWAC race.
- Western Kentucky at Middle Tennessee, 8 (FCS Central): If they played this one Sunday, the Hilltoppers could've jumped into my Monday bracket projection with a win.
- Texas at Kansas State, 9 (ESPN): The Longhorns will be tested in Manhattan.
- Howard at Norfolk State, 9 (ESPNU): Don't look now, but the Bison are only a game behind Morgan State in the SWAC. The Spartans are two games back.
For information about games that will only be telecast regionally, like Niagara at Marist and North Florida at Jacksonville, visit Matt Sarz' College Sports on TV