The first Big Monday doubleheader of the season was the highlight of the night's schedule.
- Fourth-ranked Villanova got way down against Louisville at Freedom Hall, but rallied to win 92-84. Scottie Reynolds scored 36 for the Wildcats.
- The second tilt saw Oklahoma top Oklahoma State, 62-57, in the first Bedlam game of the season in Norman.
There was plenty of other conference action on Monday night.
- The only A-Sun game of the night was the first Battle of the Boulevard. Lipscomb and Belmont both entered at 4-1 in the conference. The Bisons picked up their fifth win of the league campaign. as they prevailed 64-53 at home.
- Siena is now 6-0 in the MAAC after an 82-70 home win over Canisius. St. Peter's sent Niagara to their second straight loss, 90-86; Iona won at Loyola, 59-50; and Rider got back to .500 in the league with a 84-62 win over Marist.
- Morgan State picked up a big MEAC road win, 73-63, at Hampton. Bethune-Cookman remained unbeaten as well, as they topped NC A&T in a 66-65 thriller. Elsewhere, Delaware State defeated SC State, 67-58; Norfolk State won at Florida A&M, 78-65; Winston-Salem State knocked off Maryland-Eastern Shore, 75-70; and Howard knocked off Coppin State, 59-53.
- Murray State won its seventh straight OVC game to start their league campaign, as they hammered Eastern Illinois, 75-59;
- Chattanooga defeated UNC Greensboro, 58-45, in the lone SoCon game of the night.
- Alabama A&M won their first SWAC game of the season, topping Mississippi Valley State, 72-56; Jackson State remained unbeaten after a 57-46 win over Southern; Alabama State sent Arkansas-Pine Bluff, a team who lost a lot during the non-conference campaign, to their first conference loss, 75-73; and Grambling defeated Alcorn State, 82-74.
- Louisiana Tech is 4-0 in the WAC, as they completed a road sweep of the Idaho schools Monday night. The Bulldogs topped Boise State, 79-64. In other action, Utah State crushed Hawai'i in Logan, 98-54; Fresno State knocked off San Jose State, 80-70; and New Mexico State dropped Idaho, 75-72.
In non-conference play
- Cornell pounded Clarkson, 82-37, in a contest that probably would have been more interesting as a hockey game.
- Savannah State won their season series with Central Connecticut State two games to one. The Tigers topped the Blue Devils, 73-63 in New Britain.
- Quinnipiac picked up a 88-75 win over Brown.
If you don't see your team's result, click on any of the score links. You'll find a rundown of the night's scores on the right side of the page.
After the jump, I'll take a look at a busy Tuesday night.Tuesday's action features key battles in the Big Ten, Big 12, and SEC, and an ACC bubble contest. All times are p.m. Eastern.
Ohio State at No. 6 Purdue, 7 (ESPN): Both teams look to recover from Saturday road losses, but the Boilermakers have the advantage in this one, as it's at Fortress Mackey.
Texas A&M at No. 13 Kansas State, 7 (ESPN2): The Aggies topped Nebraska in their Big 12 opener Saturday, while the Wildcats lost a slugfest at Missouri.
- VCU at Hofstra, 7 (ESPNU): Unbelievably, the winner of this game will move to .500 in the CAA.
- Wyoming at TCU, 7:30 (the mtn.): The winner moves over .500 in both the MWC and overall.
Maryland at Wake Forest, 8 (Raycom/Full Court): The Terps are back in the conversation after their Sunday win over FSU, but they need a decent road win to stay there.
- No. 2 Kentucky at Florida, 9 (ESPN): The Rowdy Reptiles vs. John Calipari. That should be fun. The Gators will have to ratchet up their game to knock off the Wildcats though.
- Bradley at Northern Iowa, 9 (ESPNU): The Panthers look to move to 6-0 in the MVC.
Penn State at Illinois, 9 (Big Ten): The Illini would move to 4-0 in the Big Ten with a win here, setting up a showdown at Michigan State Saturday.
- No. 22 Baylor at Colorado, 9 (FS Rocky Mountain/Full Court): The Bears are looking for their 10th straight win and 14th overall.