The Jimmy V Classic highlighted Tuesday's college hoops lineup, and the crowd at Madison Square Garden was treated to two relatively entertaining games.
- No. 15 Georgetown handled No. 22 Butler, thanks to Greg Monroe's career night (24 points, 15 boards), 72-65.
- Indiana ruined Jermaine Dixon's return to the Pittsburgh lineup, prevailing 74-64 in game two.
In other action Tuesday night
- Minnesota blew out Morgan State, 94-64.
- No. 23 Texas Tech won at TCU, 80-70.
- Marquette is again the King of Brew City, as they beat Milwaukee, 71-51.
- Western Kentucky rallied to beat Evansville, 63-57.
- Illinois picked up a big home win over Vanderbilt, 79-68. The Illini went 9-0 up and never looked back.
- Kansas State picked up another name home win, cruising past Xavier, 71-56.
- BYU rarely loses at home, a lesson Arizona State learned, 81-68.
- Dayton survived their trip to George Mason after blowing a huge halftime lead, 56-55.
- Temple picked up an easy 64-42 win at Miami (OH).
- Belmont won 83-71 at local rival Middle Tennessee.
- UNI completed a sweep of their in-state BCS conference rivals, as they pounded Iowa, 67-50.
After the jump, I'll take a look at Wednesday night's action, highlighted by another Madison Square Garden doubleheader.
The World's Most Famous Arena is the center of the college hoops universe for the second night in a row, as it hosts the first night of the SEC/Big East Invitational. (All times are p.m. Eastern unless noted.)
- Georgia at St. John's (ESPN2, 7) is definitely the undercard, even though the Red Storm are resurgent this season.
- The second game of the night is undoubtedly Calipari vs, Calhoun -- No. 4 Kentucky vs. No. 14 Connecticut (ESPN, 9:30) or John Wall Takes Manhattan.
In other showcase games tonight,
- Duquesne at No. 6 West Virginia (Big East/Full Court, 7): This is the Dukes last shot at grabbing a big non-league victim, but they'll find the Mountaineers a stiffer challenge than rebuilding Pitt.
- No. 3 Villanova vs. St. Joseph's (ESPN2, 9): The Holy War takes center stage at the Palestra.
- Michigan at Utah (CBS CS, 9): The Wolverines will find the Huntsman Center a tough place to end a losing streak, even with the Utes struggling.
- Idaho at Washington State (FS Northwest/FCS Pacific, 11): The Battle for the Palouse is definitely one to watch as the Vandals and Cougars are both contenders for their respective league crowns this season.
Also on TV tonight
- Valparaiso at No. 5 Purdue (Big Ten, 7)
- Radford at No. 1 Kansas (ESPNU, 8)
- Missouri at Oral Roberts (Full Court, 8)
- Centenary at Oklahoma (Full Court, 8)
- Louisiana Tech at Arizona (FS Arizona, 11)
For a full list of televised games, including contests that are only going to be televised regionally (including New Mexico at San Diego, Wichita State at UMKC and Montana State at Memphis), visit Matt Sarz' College Sports on TV site.