Two NCAA bids were handed out on Wednesday, and since two regular season conference champions lost on their home floors, the NIT gained two automatic bids as well.
Northeast: Robert Morris became the first team to beat Quinnipiac on their home court this year, and advanced to their second straight NCAA Tournament with a 52-50 win (recap).
No bids will be handed out on Thursday, but there will be a loaded schedule of games, as almost all of the major conferences' postseason events will be underway. I'll run through all of the action after the jump.
All times p.m. Eastern and approximate, especially for the second set of games in doubleheaders.
Thursday sees the opening round of the ACC Tournament. The bottom eight meet in an opening round to determine opponents for Duke, Maryland, Florida State and Virginia Tech. Visit SB Nation for a full preview.
Thursday's Opening Round
(8) Boston College vs. (9) Virginia, 12 (Raycom/Full Court)
(5) Wake Forest vs. (12) Miami, 2:30 (Raycom/Full Court)
(7) Georgia Tech vs. (10) North Carolina, 7 (ESPN2)
(6) Clemson vs. (11) NC State, 9:30 (Raycom/Full Court)
The Big East field is down to eight. The top four seeds join in the fun for the quarterfinals, where seeds five, seven, and eight will join them. Cincinnati, the 11 seed, is the only double-digit seed to advance this far, meaning they still have a chance to dance. For more information, check out SB Nation's storystream.
Wednesday's Second Round
(8) Georgetown 69, (9) South Florida 49 (recap)
(5) Marquette 57, (13) St. John's 55 (recap)
(7) Notre Dame 68, (10) Seton Hall 56 (recap)
(11) Cincinnati 69, (6) Louisville 66 (recap)
The Big 12 Tournament continues in Kansas City with four quarterfinals. The two lower seeds involved in Wednesday's early session, Texas Tech and Nebraska, advanced. The Cornhuskers stunned defending champion Missouri, which will likely damage the Tigers' NCAA seed. The two higher seeds won in the night session, however. Check out the SB Nation storystream.
(9) Texas Tech vs. (1) Kansas, 12:30 (ESPN2)
(12) Nebraska vs. (4) Texas A&M, 3 (Big 12 Network/Full Court)
(7) Oklahoma State vs. (2) Kansas State, 7 (Big 12 Network/Full Court)
(6) Texas vs. (3) Baylor, 9:30 (ESPN2)
The League That Can't Count opens with three preliminary games Thursday at the Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. Check out the storystream at SB Nation.
The Big West moves on to the quarterfinals at Anaheim Arena. Remember, the top two seeds have a bye to the semifinals.
Thursday's Quarterfinals (Both games on BigWest.tv.)
(6) Cal Poly vs. (3) Long Beach State, 9
(5) Cal State Fullerton vs. (4) UC Davis, 11:30
This tournament shifts to the quarterfinals Thursday in Tulsa. UCF was the only lower seed to win in Wednesday's opening round, though host Tulsa had to comeback against Rice to advance.
Thursday's Quarterfinals (All games on CBS College Sports.)
(2) Memphis vs. (7) Houston, 1
(3) UAB vs. (6) Southern Mississippi, 3:30
(4) Marshall vs. (5) Tulsa, 7
(1) UTEP vs. (9) UCF, 9:30
Action shifts to Cleveland Thursday, as the four opening round winners meet the top four seeds in the quarterfinals. Read SB Nation's MAC Tournament preview and storystream for more info.
Thursday's Quarterfinals (All games on Regional FSNs/Full Court.)
(2) Central Michigan vs. (7) Western Michigan, 12
(3) Akron vs. (6) Eastern Michigan, 2:30
(1) Kent State vs. (9) Ohio, 7
(4) Miami (OH) vs. (5) Buffalo, 9:30
MEAC Tournament action Wednesday featured the third opening round game and two quarterfinals. The other two quarterfinals take place Thursday. The top two seeds advanced to Friday's semifinals in differing fashions. Morgan State routed NC A&T, while Delaware State escaped with a win over a feisty Bethune-Cookman team.
Wednesday's Opening Round
(6) Maryland-Eastern Shore 64, (11) Coppin State 58 (recap)
(3) South Carolina State vs. (6) Maryland-Eastern Shore, 6
(4) Norfolk State vs. (5) Hampton, 8:30
Air Force won their second conference game of the year Wednesday (both over Wyoming) to advance to Thursday's main draw, where they'll meet top seed New Mexico. Head over to SB Nation to check out the tournament storystream.
Wednesday's Opening Round
(9) Air Force 59, (8) Wyoming 40 (recap)
Thursday's Quarterfinals (All games on the mtn.)
(1) New Mexico vs. (9) Air Force, 3
(4) San Diego State vs. (5) Colorado State, 5:30 (also on CBS College Sports)
(2) BYU vs. (7) TCU, 9
(3) UNLV vs. (6) Utah, 11:30 (also on CBS College Sports)
Oregon won the abbreviated Pac-10 opening round, by topping Washington State in overtime. They'll face Cal in Thursday's quarterfinals. Check out the SB Nation storystream.
Thursday's Quarterfinals (All games on FSN/Comcast SportsNet.)
(4) Arizona vs. (5) UCLA, 3
(1) California vs. (8) Oregon, 5:30
(2) Arizona State vs. (7) Stanford, 9
(3) Washington vs. (6) Oregon State, 11:30
The imbalanced SEC Tournament gets started in Nashville, with four opening round games, featuring a couple of teams who probably shouldn't be involved. SB Nation has an SEC Tournament storystream live.
Thursday's Opening Round (All games on SEC Network/Full Court.)
(W4) Alabama vs, (E5) South Carolina, 1
(E3) Tennessee vs. (W6) LSU, 3:15
(E4) Florida vs. (W5) Auburn, 7:30
(W3) Arkansas vs. (E6) Georgia, 9:45
The Southland Conference quarterfinals in Katy, Texas featured a performance as impressive as Anthony Johnson's showing for Montana in the Big Sky final. Nicholls State's Anatoly Bose scored 40 of Nicholls State's 57 points in their loss to top seed Sam Houston State. All four top seeds advanced to the semifinals, though the Bearkats and Southeastern Louisiana struggled in the evening games.
(2) Stephen F. Austin 77, (7) Texas-Arlington 54 (recap)
(3) Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 78, (6) Texas-San Antonio 66 (recap)
(1) Sam Houston State 62, (8) Nicholls State 57 (recap)
(4) Southeastern Louisiana 79, (5) Texas State 78 (recap)
Thursday's Semifinals (Both games on Southland TV/Full Court.)
(2) Stephen F. Austin vs. (3) Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, 7
(1) Sam Houston State vs. (4) Southeastern Louisiana, 9:30
Top seed Jackson State fell in their quarterfinal game against Grambling, meaning this event is wide open. The three and four seeds play their quarterfinals Thursday in Shreveport.
(3) Alabama State vs. (6) Alabama A&M, 3:30
(4) Prairie View A&M vs. (5) Texas Southern, 9
Thursday sees the start of the WAC Tournament with the quarterfinal round. Be sure to check out the WAC storystream over at SB Nation.
(1) Utah State vs. (8) Boise State, 3 (ESPNU)
(4) Louisiana Tech vs. (5) Fresno State, 5:30 (ESPNU)
(2) Nevada vs. (7) Idaho, 9
(3) New Mexico State vs. (8) San Jose State, 11:30