The Holiday Festival at Madison Square Garden and an ACC doubleheader were the main highlights of a day when much of the East Coast was still buried by snow.
The weather (and probably ticket prices) meant low attendances at the Hoiiday Festival at MSG, which is a shame as both games were highly entertaining.
Cornell rallied to beat Davidson, 91-88 in overtime. The Big Red will meet St. John's in the final Monday (MSG, 9:30 p.m. ET). The Red Storm pulled away from Hofstra late, clinching their berth with a 72-60 victory. The Pride meet the Wildcats, coached by Hofstra alum Bob McKillop, in the consolation game (MSG, 7 p.m. ET).
In other Sunday action,
- UCF put up a fight at no. 14 Connecticut, but the Knights fell 60-51, despite holding a five-point lead at halftime.
- Rhode Island survived a scare from Fairfield, 89-84.
- Sam Houston State won easily at Auburn, 107-89.
- Iowa State had no trouble with Bradley, prevailing 87-68.
- Charlotte survived their trip to Winthrop, 57-47.
- Arkansas State beat Arkansas-Little Rock, 69-61, to drop the Trojans to 0-2 in the Sun Belt.
- Isiah Thomas' FIU Panthers picked up a big Sun Belt win. They won at North Texas, 80-70.
- Florida State won at no. 22 Georgia Tech in overtime, 66-59.
- NC State couldn't pull off the sweep for the road teams. They fell at Wake Forest, 67-59.
If you don't see your team's score, click on any of the score links. You'll find a rundown of all of Sunday's scores on the right side of the page. For more on Sunday's action, visit Searching for Billy Edelin and SB Nation.
After the jump, I'll have more on Monday's action.
All times are p.m. Eastern.
The highlight of the night is the All-College Classic in Oklahoma City. UTEP takes on struggling Oklahoma in game one (ESPN2, 6:30). Game two features La Salle, who fell to Kansas in Kansas City last Saturday, against Oklahoma State (ESPN2, 9).
In other televised action
- Drexel visits no. 3 Kentucky (ESPNU, 7)
- Furman visits in-state rival South Carolina, who fell to Wofford on Saturday (SportSouth/FCS Pacific, 7).
- UAPB takes on no. 17 Kansas State (FS Kansas City/Full Court, 8).
- South Carolina State visits Iowa, who will be without suspended Anthony Tucker (Big Ten, 8:30).
- LIpscomb takes on Arizona (FCS Pacific, 9).
- Alcorn State faces New Mexico State (Full Court, 9).