Sunday featured upsets in Philly and Boston, as well as a contentious Crosstown Shootout. It ended up being a big night for the Atlantic 10, who claimed two wins over the Big East and one over the ACC,
- No. 3 Villanova started the fun by falling at Temple in a thrilling Big 5 game, 75-65.
- Rhode Island then sent Boston College to their second straight home loss, 80-69.
- Then, in the first Crosstown Shootout to go to double overtime, No. 19 Cincinnati fell at Xavier, 83-79. The game was marred by two first half skirmishes.
In other action Sunday
- No. 7 Syracuse pounded St. Francis (NY), 75-51.
- Miami (OH) edged Wright State, 56-55.
- Michigan had to come back against Detroit, but the Wolverines prevailed, 75-64.
- Western Michigan was no match for Illinois, falling 88-53.
- Niagara won at Illinois State, 76-68.
- New Mexico State won at UTEP, 87-80.
There's only one televised game on Monday night, as no. 24 Georgia Tech travels to Chattanooga (FS South/Sun Sports/CSN Washington/Full Court, 7 p.m. ET).