There was quite a bit of tournament action and other games of note on Saturday. Here's a sampling of what went down.
Legends Classic - Day 2
- There was no letdown for Florida, who beat Rutgers, 73-58, to claim the title.
- No. 2 Michigan State had no problem with UMass in the third-place game, prevailing 106-68.
Chicago Invitational - Day 2
- The quest for the first ever bid is back on track. Northwestern knocked off Iowa State, 67-65, to claim the crown.
- Notre Dame took third with a 64-52 win over St. Louis.
- In the mid-major bracket, Liberty finished first, after defeating Tennessee State, 63-60. Kennesaw State finished third, beating Mississippi Valley State 85-68.
South Padre Invitational - Day 2
- Richmond claimed the crown, continuing a nice early season for the A-10. The Spiders beat Missouri, 59-52.
- Mississippi State finished third, as they defeated Old Dominion 69-55.
- Among the mid-majors, Bethune-Cookman took first, as they beat Texas-Pan American, 67-64. Chattanooga took out Longwood for third, 74-70.
Las Vegas Invitational - Day 2
- Oklahoma State is the champion, as they had no trouble with Utah in the final, winning 77-55.
- Bradley finished third, sending Illinois to their second straight loss in the process, 72-68.
- Wofford edged Seattle, 84-83 to claim the mid-major crown. Presbyterian finished third, beating Southern 71-69.
Great Alaska Shootout - Day 4
- Oklahoma finally won a game to finish fifth, knocking off Nicholls State 81-60.
- Houston claimed third by beating host Alaska-Anchorage, 73-57.
- Washington State rolled over San Diego, 93-56, to claim the title.
Philly Hoop Group Classic - Day 3
- Siena beat Brown, 99-79.
- Virginia Tech defeated Delaware, 74-66.
- St. John's picked up a second nice win in as many nights, beating Temple 55-48.
In non-tournament action,
- William and Mary stunned Wake Forest in Winston-Salem, 78-68.
- No. 4 Villanova won a Big Five contest over La Salle, 81-63.
- UNLV upset No. 16 Louisville again, 76-71.
- Boston College beat Providence, 82-77.
- Dayton only beat Towson by five at UD Arena.
- Tulane picked up a nice 76-71 win over George Mason.
- Oregon State won at George Washington, 64-57.
- Missouri State upset C-USA favorite Tulsa in Springfield, 83-75.
- Cornell beat Vermont by 8 in a Legends Classic "subregional" game.
- Northeastern beat Wright State, 70-67, in Boston.
- Wichita State drubbed Cleveland State, 69-54.
- DePaul snuck by Detroit at home, 68-66.
- Davidson's woes continue, as they lost by 10 at home to Rhode Island.
- Appalachian State got a nice one-point win over Morgan State in Boone.
- Santa Clara beat Fresno State, 74-67, in a West Coast Classic game.
If you don't see your team's score, click on any of the score links. You'll find a list of all the day's games along the right hand side of the page.
For tomorrow's TV lineup, including schedules from the Old Spice and 76 Classics, visit my Saturday morning recap.